Green Vegetable Soup
This is one of the delicious healthy recipes from Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary & Holistic Spa in Koh Samui, Thailand. Kamalaya strongly believes that ‘food as medicine’ is an integral part of the healing journey and hence an essential component of their holistic wellness concept. To heal with food, Kamalaya combines the wisdom from ancient healing traditions with current medical research. www.kamalaya.com
This vegetable soup is a potent blend of vegetables, herbs, and spices, loaded with essential nutrients for restoring health and vitality. Rich in chlorophyll, it is an effective blood cleanser and antioxidant source. This is a very nourishing dish to support your detox or weight loss program. To maximise the nutritional value, cut your vegetables finely to reduce cooking time.
- Asparagus 60 g
- Carrot 60 g
- Broccoli 80 g
- Spinach 100 g
- finely chopped 3 cloves
- finely chopped 2 tbsp
- Bay leaf 1
- Zucchini 100 g
- Leek 60 g
- Celery French 25 g
- Vegetable stock 500 ml
- Sea salt Pinch
- Ground black pepper To taste
- Coconut oil 7 ml
- Herb garnish * 2 tbsp
* The Herb Garnish is a mix of fresh parsley, tarragon, kaffir lime leaf, galangal, mint, coriander, ginger, and lemongrass. You can make your own mix to suit your personal taste and what’s available. You need about 2 tablespoons when chopped.
1. Place the vegetable stock, garlic, and shallots in a saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
2. Prepare all the vegetables by chopping finely. The aim is to minimise cooking time to preserve the nutrients.
3. Once the stock is simmering, add all the chopped vegetables and the bay leaves. Simmer for 5-6 minutes (until vegetables are soft, but the green colour is still preserved).
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before blending for approximately 40 seconds on medium speed.
5. Return the blended soup to the saucepan, reheat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve the soup into bowls and sprinkle each with1 tbsp of the herb garnish mix and a small drizzle of coconut oil.